Here at Bird Dog Bay, we want for each man to enjoy the style and confidence that comes with wearing a tie. Ties are a cornerstone of men’s fashion, and no one should go tie-less because he doesn’t know about the many fantastic ways to tie a tie knot. In our last post, we took a closer look at the Windsor Knot. If you missed it, here is a brief rundown:
- The Windsor is also known as the Full Windsor or the Double Windsor
- It likely originated with King George V of England
- The Windsor is a wide knot, suited to wide, thick ties
- Men with longer necks benefit from the width of the tie as it shortens the perceived height of the neck
This week, we are going to move on to the next knot in our series, the Half Windsor.
The Half Windsor
The Half Windsor, otherwise known as the single Windsor knot, produces a trim, neat, triangular knot. It is similar to its cousin the Full Windsor, but it is less bulky and better suited to fabrics that are more lightweight and less thick. It is a better knot option for men who have a broader chest as is uses less of the tie than other knots. Here are some of the other attributes of the Half Windsor:
- Medium in size
- Symmetrical knot
- Produces a deep dimple
- Business appropriate
- Easy to learn
- Plays well with point collars, medium spread collars, and button down shirts
Bird Dog Bay has a fine pedigree and we always take Best-in-Show. All of our ties are 100% silk, hand-printed, and hand-constructed to ensure the highest quality possible. Shop our collection today!